We regularly audit our environmental approach considering both the sustainability of the material, such as the resources it depletes during manufacture, and how it can be used in a sustainable way. For both sourcing and manufacturing, we use the waste hierarchy model to evaluate our products. This model has been adopted by governments and organisations across the world.
Over the years, there has been a significant focus by businesses and consumers on recycling. Under the waste hierarchy model there are two more preferable sustainability options; Reducing and Reusing. Of course, recycling is also important, but it’s important that our biggest focus should be on reducing the impact we have in the first place.
- We optimise the utilisation of our materials to ensure minimal waste is produced.
- The Polypropylene substrate that we source uses 9000% less water and produces 97% less CO2 emissions than recycled paper, and uses 3 x less energy to recycle than cardboard
- The supplier of our Polypropylene substrate is carbon neutral certified.
- Our substrate materials are long lasting and extremely durable, meaning you’ll rarely need to replace them. The result, a lower whole-of-life cost both environmentally and financially.
- We use Recycled cartons for our packing.
- Our Polypropylene off-cuts go to Astron Plastics who then recycles them into plant pots and pallet cover sheets.
- 100% of our Polypropylene can be recycled while retaining the strength and characteristics, meaning it can be recycled numerous times and retain it’s integrity.
- All our cardboard and packing materials are recycled.
- We have recycled materials available as an option.
If you’d like to discuss our environmental policy further, please contact us.